Friday, May 09, 2014

HP - Best Service Ever! - NOT

I wrote the following glowing report based on what HP said they would do. Turns out my little mistake completely scrambled their system. They still have my working unit, and I still have the broken one. Now we need to place a third order because they canceled the first order. I have no idea what happened, except that the representative whom I spoke highly about below appears to have made a messy situation even worse.



I bought HP Folio 13 notebook computers for my kids. I started buying the first. The price was really good because it was refurbished. I chose this model because of the good price and the SSD, which makes a computer run much, much faster. My daughter liked it so much that I bought a second one for my son. They have been working really well for both kids.

One day my wife needed a notebook computer. I've had good luck with these, so I bought a third. This unit worked well for a few months. She was quite happy with it. Then it turned into a brick. No lights at all.

According to the HP site, the unit is still under warranty, which is not something I had considered. That's excellent! I called HP. They placed a repair order and sent me a box with prepaid shipping. It would take about a week for them to receive it, fix it, and return it to me. All at no cost to me! That's excellent service. I shipped the unit 10 days ago, so where is it?

To my dismay, my son's unit stopped working 2 days after I sent off the first unit. Exactly the same symptoms. Hmm. Maybe there is a design flaw. His is also under warranty, so I am going to file a second repair order. I just haven't gotten around to it.

Today I received a call from HP. Apparently the unit they received has a serial number that does not match the repair order. It didn't take us long to realize that I sent in the wrong unit. My son must have switched them somehow! And, no, there isn't a design flaw. We didn't have two units die in the same time frame with exactly the same symptoms!

I'm thinking, this is our mistake. I'll have HP return the one unit, and I'll have to pay for shipping for the other unit. Instead he says, as long as they have that one, they should check it out to make sure it's performing properly. Then they'll return it. As well, he is placing another repair order for the broken one. Wow! That is excellent service! My mistake, and they still fix it without charging me.

I will buy HP from now on.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home