Monday, March 31, 2014

Sprint.com - by the same people who created Healthcare.gov

Sprint's new Framily plan is a good deal. I was paying

(110 + 10) + 30 + 30 + 30 = 210 (4 phones)

With Framily, I will pay

(40 + 20) + 40 + 40 + 40 = 180 (4 phones)

Adding a phone changes it to

(35 + 20) + 35 + 35 + 35 + 35 = 195 (5 phones)

Add two more phones yields

(25 + 20) + 25 + 25 + 25 + 25 + 25 + 25 = 195 (7 phones)

Adding two more phones does not increase the cost! (After 7 phones, each additional phone cost $25/mo, so 7 phones is the sweet spot.)

My sister has 3 phones on her Sprint plan. I plan to invite them into my Framily. Of course, Sprint has thought of that. If you are an existing customer, they have you locked in, so why should they treat you well?

At sprint.com, I click a few buttons to change my plan to Framily. I get the bill:

(110 + 10) + 55 + 55 + 55 = 285 (4 phones)

HUH? They put three of my phones on Framily and priced each as a single line. And they left my primary phone with the original plan. Good work Sprint! You have maximized the amount I pay each month!

I called them, and the guy kept saying things like, "We'll see if we can fix it." I object. I not a patient with a life threatening illness. "We'll do everything we can." I expected him to come back from hold to say, "We did everything we could. I'm so sorry."

After some stern language on my part, he stopped speaking in euphemisms. He said that he would fix everything. At that point, I was out of time and walked away from the call. Hopefully he got it right.

Keep in mind these prices are subject to all kinds of taxes, so you will pay more than the amount shown here.

Also, Sprint's service really sucks these days. Ever since their LTE roll out, their coverage has been terrible. My house used to have full bars, and now it can barely make a data connection sometimes. I was willing to switch to Framily because it does not involve a contract. I am bound by my previous contract, which runs out in a year or so, and then I'll probably switch to T-Mobile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home